Distance Learning Homepage
Frequently asked questions:
- Do children have to be present?
Yes, meals can only be provided to children 1-18 years of age if they are present.
- Does an adult (parent/guardian) have to be present to provide meals to a child?
No. An older sibling or group of children can come together. An adult is not required to be present
- Do children have to be enrolled in McAllen ISD?
No, these programs are available to anyone in the area ages 1-18 years of age. Special education students enrolled in a high school institution may also participate if they are above the age of 18 and under 22.
- Is any ID or proof of income required?
This program is open to the community. A visual identification of age will be the only observation done by McAllen ISD staff onsite
- Will special diets be honored during emergency feeding?
Since this is open to the community, all special diet modifications will resume after school is back in session.